Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Red Wine Diet

Recently, my friend Becky visited and brought with her a copy of OK magazine. I love to read those rags and they are great for fad diets from time to time. I’ve never been a fad diet girl. Well, I’ve done South Beach until I realized how toxic it was for me, but Weight Watchers has always been my thing because it’s sensible. It’s portion control, but still eating the things you enjoy. Anyway, I read this red wine diet and decided that I could totally rock this and it promises that you lose 5lbs in 2 days.

Here’s how it works from an eating standpoint. I’m including the link to what it recommends, but here’s what I ate since I no longer eat chicken and I refuse to add OJ and tonic to my wine.

http://www.free-fad-diets.com/red-wine-diet.html

Breakfast (Both Days)

I slice of whole wheat toast

I hard boiled egg (since I have no idea how to poach one)

1 cup of coffee (diet says black, but I can’t…I used Splenda and Silk Soy Creamer

I glass of red wine

Lunch (Day 1)

Salmon sashimi – (half a pack because I was in the sun and it started to get weird, so like 5 or 6 pcs)

2 glasses of red wine

1 cup coffee

Dinner (Day 1)

Grilled shrimp marinated in garlic, cayenne, paprika, lemon juice, and olive oil

Small Romaine lettuce salad with onions and pomegranate dressing

Rest of the bottle of wine

I was hungry at the end of Day 1, but it was a huge cutback in food for me. I resisted the urge and I lost 2lbs the first day.

Lunch (Day 2)

Sashimi – ahi (10 or 12pcs)

Diet Dr. Pepper b/c I was too hot for coffee

Glass of red wine (Only 1 b/c I had kids around to be responsible for)

Dinner (Day 2)

Crab legs – steamed w/out butter

Small Caesar salad (this was a total cheat, but yummy and satisfying)

Rest of the bottle of wine

I was not hungry at the end of Day 2 and I lost a total of 4.6lbs. This will be repeated again next weekend and the one after that. I will be maintaining through the week with Weight Watchers. For the curious, I added up my WW points for Day 2 and it was 26 of the 29 I can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment