Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yummy in the Tummy Weekend Recipes

I’ve started Weight Watchers again. It’s a whole new system than the old Points that I was used too, so it’s taking some time. Plus it seems I’ve been eating double my allowed points each day, which would explain the weight gain! My new allotted points for the day is 29 with 40 something extra weekly points. When I did the plan before, I got like 20 points a day. I did well on it and eventually got to a point where I wasn’t hungry in between meals. I’m feeling pretty sure I can do it again.

This weekend I made White Bean and Shrimp burgers from Mark Bittman’s book. YUM! I initially made them a little too pureed, so I had to double the recipe and add in coarsely chopped shrimp and beans by hand. It is 8 points alone and then you have to add some mayo and a bun. Well, I guess you don’t have to, but we did! CRH made a yummy Miracle Whip mayo for it.


For dessert, I made this Blueberry Crisp from the same book. I loved it, but it was 10pts and I can never, ever have it again. Ok, well perhaps I could modify the recipe and have it again but that’s not one of my strong suits.


Last night, CRH made this salmon and mushroom pasta. I didn’t get a pic, but omg it was delicious and only 10pts too. It was seriously yummy!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
12 oz salmon fillet (skinless salmon fillet cut into 3/4 inch pieces)
3 large garlic cloves (chopped)
1/2 lb mushrooms (sliced)
5 green onions (chopped)
1 tomato (seeded diced)
1/3 cup dry white wine
3 tbsp capers (drained)
1/2 lb linguine (freshly cooked)
1/4 cup fresh dill (chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dillweed)
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice


Preparation Steps:
1. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat
2. Season salmon with salt and pepper
3. Add to skillet; sauté until just cooked through, about 3 minutes
4. Using slotted spoon, transfer salmon to plate
5. Add garlic to same skillet; sauté 30 seconds
6. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes
7. Add green onions, tomato, wine and capers; cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes
8. Add linguine, dill, lemon juice and salmon and toss
9. Season with salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment