Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ode to Goat Cheese

I cannot even describe how much I love goat cheese. I haven't eaten much of it in the past decade because CRH is not a fan at all and I typically can't eat enough of it before it goes bad. While I love, love, love it...I don't enjoy eating the same thing in mass quantities.

When I went home to NC a few weeks ago, my mom took me to the Farmer's Market in Greensboro. The Goat Lady Dairy was there and I sampled each one of their flavors (just for fun) and ended up buying their Fig and Honey flavor. I almost embarrassed myself by raving over it to their completely personality less workers behind the table. Dear Goat Lady, If that was in fact you selling your cheese that day, please find some personality and customer service skills...you would sell more. Love, Amy.

Flash forward to last night...I've been craving more goat cheese and I stumbled across this recipe for Farfalle with a Tomato-Goat Cheese Cream Sauce a few weeks before leaving for NC but I hadn't tried it yet because again, I'm the only one here that eats goat cheese. Eve has never tried it, but I think the flavor will be too strong for her for a couple of years. Anyway, this pasta is some serious yumminess. It looks a little strange when you're mixing the cheese in and I became skeptical, until I put my finger into the pot to taste and it was instant love. The only things I did differently were omit pine nuts (because I didn't have any) and I used Herb Goat Cheese which added extra flavor. My apologies for the lack of photos, I've been slacking.
http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipes/11432?section=

I will add a picture of my garden, which is coming right along. I'm pleased to report that for the past two nights, I've made myself a salad using lettuce from my backyard garden that my neighbor helps me keep alive. It's grown a ton in the past month and I've also picked 2 strawberries off my little plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment