Saturday, June 18, 2011

Return to Veggies

This week I've been back to vegetarian. I'm considering re-watching Food, Inc. too in an effort to remind myself of the gross. I did eat meat some while I was home, and it was mostly tasty, but I'm just not feeling it. I keep thinking about that movie and the others I've seen and well, it's just gross. So, I'm back. I've had some super yummy foods this week to include
Red velvet pancakes...omg, these are the best things ever...ever.

Earlier in the week, I made some yummy Basil Calzones with soy protein. I loved them, CRH was a little on the fence. He said the flavors were just too distinct with the soy crumbles. Then the following night, I made a crockpot spinach pesto lasagna courtesy of the Crockpot lady blog. I have followed this blog for a long time, but I didn't have a crock pot here until December. So, I made this Thursday night and ate it for dinner. Yesterday, I took it for my co-worker and I to eat for lunch (he loved it!) and then I ate it again for dinner last night. It's just that good. Here's the link...go now and make it. OMG, one of the best meals I've ever cooked and SUPER easy!
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010/09/slow-cooker-pesto-spinach-lasagna.html

Today, I branched out and went to a local Thai truck here in Haleiwa for lunch. I don't really eat Thai, but people rave about Opal's all the time so I thought it was time to try it. I was not disappointed. I went to order and the guy asked what I like and we talked a little and then he presented me with a tofu noodle dish that was fantastic and super cheap for food around these parts. I will definitely be returning for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment