Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sweet Potato Quesadilla and Portabello Mushroom Burgers - Oh My!

Clearly, I'm never going to lose a pound as a vegetarian, much to my dismay. I've gained about 12-15lbs (depending on the day) in the 9 months and I thought switching to a vegetarian life style would help this, but it's not. I love fatty things like cheese and oils and butter and sugar and well, it doesn't make the fat fall off my ass.

Today included a big meat cheat. A few days ago, I was going through one of my FB friends and former neighbor's food pics on FB. She had posted a picture of a Sweet Potato Quesadilla from Highway Inn in Waipahu. It's this local seafood market that is also a restaurant. Here in Hawaii, Okinawan Sweet Potatoes are big and I love them. It's a purple potato with a great flavor. Highway Inn pairs this with Kahlua Pork (I'm weak for it), cheese, and a papaya salsa. Oh dear lord, it was sooooooo good. In the future, I would ask them to make it without the pork because pigs are filthy animals that live in their own poop, but the one I ate sure tasted good.

For dinner, CRH and I wanted portabella mushroom burgers. I used this recipe and started making dinner, but thankfully CRH ended up taking over the making of the meal. I ate this mayo and he made his own, which was also very tasty and we added melted Havarti slices because what food isn't better with cheese?! (See the aforementioned love of fat that prevents me from losing my fat!)
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-portobello-with-basil-mayonnaise-sandwich/detail.aspx

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you tried the quesadilla. It was so yummy, and I don't even like cheese! -QB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cheese, but I quit eating meat and I still loved it...thanks for showing it to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete