Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 1

Thursday was the official kickoff of the venture. I'm pleased to report that I grocery shopped for 2 weeks and spent about what we normally spend. I had hoped to spend less, but it's apparently pretty freaking expensive to eat healthy. I'm still trying to figure out the breakfast thing. I'm not good in the mornings at all. I actually hate the morning and find myself scrambling around for food (no pun intended).

So, every morning this week I've had a Morning Star Farms veggie sausage biscuit. I love those, but I need to find some alternatives quickly before I get bored. I'm working on some things this weekend, but I'd love ideas for quick and easy.

Yesterday I sat here...

and ate an egg salad sandwich with tomatoes and onions from my favorite bakery, Waialua Bakery. They have a Pesto Turkey Special that I will miss very much, but alas their egg salad is pretty rocking.

I had awesome plans of coming home last night and making Lima Bean Parmesan, a recipe given to me by a friend, but Foodland did not have limas and I had moved onto plan B in my head. Around the time I was headed into the kitchen to cook, a friend of mine came over with beer and sushi and I ended up eating that for dinner. After I put Eve to bed, I decided I was still snacky hungry and I made some edamame. I let Eve get up to try some and she LOVED it. She stood with me in the kitchen and ate half the bowl. Who would have ever thought?!

No comments:

Post a Comment