Thursday, May 19, 2011

Processed Vegetarian Food Day

Today was the fast food of vegetarian days. I didn't sleep worth a damn last night. The smoke alarms started randomly going off last night at 1:45am because they needed a new battery. Then I woke up at 4am with a leg cramp, walked it off, went back to sleep, and woke back up at 6:30am with both legs cramping so severely I was totally drenched in sweat and was crying. That was a good time.

I was off today, so luckily I slept until about 9am. When I got up I had my usual MS Farm veggie sausage biscuit. I'm not tired of them yet...so good! I decided that I didn't want to go to the beach today and went to hit up Target instead. I went hungry and that's never a good idea, but I found some yummy deals including Amy's burritos on clearance for $1.28. I bought 6 and promptly came home to eat one!

I also stopped on the way home today and picked up some plants for our garden. Our neighbor has the most amazing garden (He's quite the grower if you catch my drift...) and he prepared the area behind my house this week for us to plant some things as well. Eve loves helping him in his garden and so I bought some peppers, lettuce, strawberries, sage, and basil along with some seeds to try to attempt artichokes, soy beans and green beans. I've never been overly successful with seeds, so those may or may not make it. Here's Day 1.

I made a very thick, super peanut buttery, yogurt, banana, and almond milk smoothie this evening to give me some potassium to help the leg cramp situation. By this time, we were kind of tired and lazy around here and neither CRH nor I really felt like cooking. We had vegetarian hot dogs for dinner that were tasty. They're called Smart Dogs. I loaded mine with ketchup, mustard, and onions. I briefly contemplated adding cheese and CRH suggested Velveeta. Ewwww! I tried to melt it and it was just nasty, so I thankfully skipped adding that layer of processed cheese food to my meal. Tomorrow I'm going for fresher food choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment