Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Week In With Just Seafood, No Other Meat!

I've been a crappy blogger since Sunday, but I've pretty much been eating leftovers and veggie burgers and such. Tuesday night we had some amazing Brie and Apple Salsa Quesadillas. We also had a craptacular day that day and had a lot of wine and I wasn't in the mood to photograph it, but they were delicious!!

I tried some new things at lunch yesterday. First up, I added "mock chicken" to my salad. I am assuming it was tofu and I honestly liked it. It was a little strange texture wise, but it did taste like chicken. I would try it again. I will not be trying gluten, wheat free pizza crust again though. That just sucked. I picked up a slice of veggie pizza on that crust by accident, but I'd touched it by the time I realized it.

Last night for dinner, it was Pesto Shrimp Mac and Cheese night. YUM, YUM, YUM! I did manage to snap a few pictures of this goodness.
Before it went into the oven...

Before it went into my mouth...

Here's the recipe from Better Homes & Garden. Enjoy! It's seriously good and super easy.
Pesto Shrimp Mac & Cheese
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes
Stand: 10 minutes

Ingredients
1 lb. fresh or frozen medium shrimp in shells
8 oz. dried elbow macaroni (2 cups)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup half-and-half
1-1/4 cups shredded fontina cheese (5 oz.)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
1-1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
Fresh basil leaves

Directions
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Chop shrimp and set aside.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
3. In large bowl stir together eggs, butter, half-and-half, 1 cup of the fontina cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, garlic, pine nuts, chopped basil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in shrimp and macaroni. Transfer to buttered 2-quart casserole. Top with remaining cheeses.
4. Bake, uncovered, 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and shrimp pieces are opaque. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Top with fresh basil leaves. Makes 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Calories 509, Total Fat (g)27, Saturated Fat (g)14, Cholesterol (mg)254, Sodium (mg)694, Carbohydrate (g)33, Fiber (g)2, Protein (g)33, Vitamin C (DV%)7, Calcium (DV%)33, Iron (DV%)23, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

1 comment:

  1. That looks and sounds really good!!!!Have to give it a try!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete