Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peace Offerings and Continued Defiance

When Eve spends the night away, she's usually home pretty early the next morning. This morning, she did not come home until almost 11am. She knew I wasn't happy with her from our whole conversation last night, but I don't want this just ending up being a battle of wills, so I was willing to drop it.

I had my usual for breakfast, despite making the granola. Granola is actually more of a snacky thing for me than a meal. I think I need to mix it up with some yogurt and fruit though and turn it into a meal pretty soon. Anyway, I packed the kids up today to hit the beach since the rain finally stopped here and I made them all PB&Js and I packed myself white bean hummus and blue corn chips. It was a great beach snack - easy and light.

Tonight as a peace offering, I suggested to CRH that we have Salmon and Havarti pizza since it's Eve's favorite and it was one of our five fish items that I knew she would actually eat. After we came home from the beach, she went out to play. While she was out playing, she managed to eat half of a 20pc chicken nugget meal and came home to tell me that she wasn't hungry for dinner (before she knew what we were having!). CRH and I really enjoyed the pizza and she ate a bite or two, but the defiance in her face when she was telling me she ate chicken nuggets was priceless. It's going to be a long road. I couldn't yell at her because just last night I was telling her that it is her choice if she eats meat when she's not at home. Trust her to find the loopholes!

Tomorrow night is Lima Bean Parmesan and she's actually kind of excited about that. I'll keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment