Sunday, May 22, 2011

Farmer's Market Goodness

We have a great local Farmer's Market in Haleiwa. I love, love, love it. We have one in Waialua too, but I can't ever seem to make it over there despite the fact that they have it twice a week on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. I need to try harder because I've heard they have great stuff too.

Yesterday, Eve and I were out shopping and came upon a lady selling mini loaves of Banana Pineapple bread. I have a jar of homemade jam from the market that is Banana Pineapple yumminess. I swear I could just eat it from the jar. I came home, sliced the bread, microwaved it for a few seconds, and slapped a heaping mound of the jam on it.
OMG...drooling.


Today, we went shopping at the market and I bought a ton of produce and lunch. The Naked Cow Dairy ladies make sandwiches and burgers. I opted for an ahi sandwich, you know since I've cut out all other meat. It was soooooo delicious. They make it with fresh ahi, lettuce, tomato, pineapple, and tzatziki sauce.


I don't know that I'll ever be able to give up seafood. I love eating good, fresh food. I feel better too. I'm thinking I haven't lost any weight, but I've maintained and this new way of eating is rocking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment