Monday, May 30, 2011

Discovery of Indian Food

I do not know how I've lived 35 years without eating this fabulous cuisine, but I'm officially in love. I went to an Indian restaurant for dinner tonight in town and I swear I had one of the best and most interesting meals of my life. It is a super crowded tiny little place and I refrained from photographing my meal because of the packed nature of the establishment and because it was kind of dark-ish in there.

Since this was a new experience, I wanted to try several things and ordered an appetizer and a meal...which is a boatload of food for me. For my appetizer, I had a vegetable samosa. It was a pastry type item filled with a spicy mixture of potatoes, peas, and carrots and it came with 2 sauces for dipping. I could have just eaten those as my meal, but then I would have missed the next yumminess.

For my entrée, I ordered the Chef Specialty which was Palak Peneer. It is a creamy spinach dish with homemade cheese and served with a side of rice that I mixed with it. I have no idea what spices were in it, but it is hands down one of my new favorite foods. I was lucky enough to be super full and only eat half of it, so I have lunch tomorrow! The meal also came with naan, which if you are unfamiliar with Indian food as I was before tonight, it's a super soft flat pita type bread...tasty!!

Thank you Cafe Maharini for a delicious dinner. I will be returning!

No comments:

Post a Comment